The Auto Attendant (commonly referred to as “IVR”) is essentially a virtual receptionist that presents the caller with pre-configured options. An IVR plays back a recorded sound to the caller, and as such it is recommended you have the recorded sound already created before creating the IVR.
The IVR feature can be used at any time in a call flow. An example use is at the very start of a call, to allow the caller to choose which department to speak to from a list of pre-configured options. Another example is as an after-hours IVR, allowing the caller to contact an after-hours agent or leave a voicemail message.
To create the IVR:
• Select Auto Attendant from the PBX configuration screen.
• Select Add IVR.
• Give the IVR a name, for administrative purposes only.
• Select a Greeting Recording. This is the name of the recorded sound that will be played to the caller.
• Choose a pre-ring time if you would like callers to hear a ringing tone before being presented with the IVR options.
• Choose a timeout (seconds) value.
• Configure the Repeat IVR (times) value.
• Select an Activity (timeout activity) type. This occurs if the caller does not choose any options within the specified timeout time.
To configure the IVR options:
• Press the green ‘+’ icon to add a new IVR option
• Choose a Dial#. This number can be pressed on a callers keypad.
• Choose an Activity for each Dial#. The activity is the action that will occur when the caller presses the corresponding Dial#.
Note: Remember that the “pre-ring ring time” is how long the caller hears a ring tone for before connecting to the IVR. The “Timeout (seconds)” is how long the IVR waits before repeating the options to the caller. The “Repeat IVR” option is how many times the IVR repeats the options to the incoming caller before initiating the “next activity (timeout activity)”
If you require further assistance with creating an IVR on the ECN Hosted PBX platform please contact ECN Support on 07 3105 1300.