The following guide will outline the steps required to place a call into a park slot and to retrieve that call from another phone.
IMPORTANT: This article assumes that Valet Parking has been enabled on your PBX.
While on a phone call the phone display screen will display the “xfer” option. This option correlates to the 4th solid black key on the phone:
Figure 1: the red highlighted key is the “xfer” option during a call.
There are two ways to use Valet Parking, automated or manually, the methods are detailed below.
Automated –This will pick the park slot for you and announce the slot number for you.
- When on a call press the xfer button on your handset and dial 9000
- The system will place the call into the first available park slot and announce the slot number for you; eg:9003
- Now any user on the PBX will be able to retrieve that call by simply dialing the park slot number (dial 9003)
Manually – This allows you to pick a specific park slot.
IMPORTANT NOTE – If you place a call manually into a park slot that is in use already those two calls will be connected to each other!
- When on a call press the xfer button on your handset and dial the specific park slot number you require.
- The system will place the call into that park slot.
- Now any user on the PBX will be able to retrieve that call by simply dialing the park slot number you specified.
If you require further assistance with call transferring please contact ECN Support on 07 3105 1300.