Day/Night mode allows for the configuration of office hours. When the office is detected as being open (day mode) a configurable activity will then be initiated. When the office is detected as being closed (night mode) a separate configurable activity will be initiated.
Important!: As Day/Night conditions choose activities to occur (such as Ring Groups during the day and Voicemails during night) it is a requirement that these activities be configured before creating a Day/Night condition.
Note: Multiple day night modes can be configured one after another in the call flow, allowing for a different activity to occur on different days of the week. This is also known as Day/Night condition nesting. This advanced configuration warrants a guide of its own and as such will not be configured in this walk-through.
To create a Day/Night condition:
• Select Day/Night from the PBX configuration screen.
• Select Add Condition to start configuring a new day/night condition
• Allocate a name for the condition and configure the office hours for each day applicable to your business. The default configuration is “closed”.
• Assign a day condition activity. For the purpose of this example, the day condition activity will be to send the caller to the ring group.
• Assign a night condition activity. For the purpose of this example, the night condition activity will be to play an after-hours announcement to the caller.
Note: It is recommended that you use the automatic detection of day/night hours feature.
Day/Night conditions can be managed after creation by return to the Day/Night configuration option from the PBX configuration page.
If you require further assistance with creating a Day/Night condition on the ECN Hosted PBX platform please contact ECN Support on 07 3105 1300.
Last Update: October 26, 2016