To successfully follow this guide you will require a computer running Windows with a suitable speaker/headset and microphone, you will also need to have your administrator activate the MyCloudpbx Softphone for you and the email you will have received with your login details. If you are missing any of these, please contact your system administrator.
If you do not already have this, then contact ECN on (07) 3105 1300 or email@example.com
Open the MyCloudPBX application and sign in using your login credentials. After this, Click the contacts button along the top of the application and then select ‘Export Contacts…’
Next choose which file type you would like to save your contact list as.
Choose the location you would like the file to be saved using the ‘browse’ button or typing the local address and then press ‘Next >’
MyCloudpbx will now conduct the export and display ‘Export Successful!’ on completion. Next click finish to finalise the export of your contacts
Click the contacts button along the top of the application and then select ‘Import Contacts…’
Choose the format from the menu to match the file type of your contact list, and then click ‘Next >’
Next browse to the file location and select it with the browse button or manually type the file’s local address into the bar and then click ‘Next >’
A menu with some further options will appear, a brief description of the options available will be outlined below:
- Append new contacts to existing contacts – Add all contacts contained in the importing list to your existing contacts without removing any.
- Import new contacts and erase existing contacts – Add all contacts contained in the importing list and replace your current contact list on your application.
- Subscribe to presence as specified by import source – If the contacts within the importing list had their presence subscribed* when they were exported, it will be maintained.
- Subscribe to presence – No matter the settings specified in the contact list that is being imported, the application will attempt to subscribe to the presence of every contact.
- Do not subscribe to presence – No matter the settings specified in the contact list that is being imported, the application will not subscribe to any of the contacts.
After selecting the options to suit you, click ‘Next >’
*If you are subscribed to a contacts presence the application will let you know if they are available, on the phone, ringing, away, etc
Once the import has completed a message, ‘Import Successful!’ will be displayed. You can now press ‘Finish’ to complete the import.
Last Update: July 16, 2018